Friday, May 09, 2008

Coming soon: Budda's Day & Multicultural Festival


This weekend, the Buddha's Day & Multicultural Festival will be held at Federation Square. Celebrating the birthday of the founder of Buddhism, this festival seeks to promote harmony, respect, peace and cultural awareness.

There'll also be food. Mellie and EG ate their way through last year's festival and boy was I jealous! So many vegetarian delights, especially for fans of faux meat.

This year the festival also features Vegi-licious: The Karma of Being Vegetarian. This range of cooking demonstrations will feature veg*n eats from the likes of Fifteen Melbourne , Tony Tan, Vue de Monde, Stephanie Alexander's Kitchen Garden, Lentil as Anything, Vegie Mum, 18 Bridge Road and the VIRWC.

You can check out the full details of the festival here.

I am crushed that I'm going to miss out yet again this year. Make sure that you don't!

8 comments:

  1. I was sad last year when I only found out about after it was to late. Thanks for the tip, I'll check it out this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, I can't believe it's that time of year again. After missing out last year I'm gonna make DAMN sure I get there this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking back on that post all I can say is, dang, we did eat a LOT of food at that festival.

    But it was all so goooood :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the heads up!

    xox Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have fun, everyone! And post lots of envy-inducing photos, I can take it. :-D

    Mellie, how *did* you and EG fit all that in?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Cindy, from what i've been told, this year's event will be bigger than the last!

    It's too bad you can't make it. I haven't been to past years' event, but will be at this one (i'll be one of the photographers).

    Also, for those not in Melbourne, they do the event in several other cities too. Last weekend it was in Sydney, with Brisbane being the weekend before that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well we actually had a little bit of help on the day. EG's parents came along with us :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have fun, William! I'll keep an eye out for pics afterwards.

    Huh, Mellie, that makes a bit more sense. :-)

    ReplyDelete