Sunday, May 18, 2008

May 10, 2008: Tokyo treats - Collon

Time to dive into that bag of exotic mass-produced treats yet again! I think Matt chose these entirely on the basis of their funny name. Actually, my colon is probably one of the digestive organs I'd like least to dwell upon while eating.

Instead I concentrated hard on the snacks before me. They're little wafer tubes filled with sweet white goop. There's not much to say about these other than that they're sweet. A study of sugar in two textures. I stoically munched my way through the entire box (Michael couldn't face more than one) and I can say with confidence that there are no nuances to be savoured. These are just sweet.

Actually, they're most likely not even vegetarian. Like the Pocky before them, a stroll around the internet indicates that they most likely contain animal-based shortening. So no more Collons for my taste buds, my stomach or my colon.

No comments:

Post a Comment